Whether you’re a regular visitor or are discovering our website for the first time, we’re excited to share our improved digital platform with you. Our commitment to provide you the very best in quality service has helped us to deliver what we hope will be an efficient, user-friendly online experience.
RRB.gov was last updated in 2010, and at the time changes were made exclusively to the home page. Over the years, advances in technology and communication only seemed to amplify how far behind our web-based resources had fallen. Needless to say, this extreme makeover was long overdue.
If you visit RRB.gov often, you likely noticed significant cosmetic changes as soon as you returned to our redesigned site. Our goal throughout the revision process was to create a more approachable, better organized website accessible from any device. Starting from scratch, we rebuilt the site using innovative technology which will give us the ability to expand our digital footprint over time.
Our new design features a clean, consistent presentation that offers quick and easy access to essential information. The main menu is now equipped with dropdown subcategories which prompt a simple path for finding what you need almost instantly. Along with our updated look and feel, the site is now configured for mobile device compatibility, giving you the flexibility to browse RRB.gov from a smartphone or tablet regardless of screen size.
We’ll continue working to meet your future online needs and stay on par with advancing trends in digital government platforms. As updates to the website will be ongoing, we appreciate your patience and understanding when we implement any additional developments.
Before launching our new website on June 10, we issued an announcement to promote our transition and cover the basics on our site enhancements. You can find this information, along with all the news releases we publish, by visiting our News Room.
Practice makes perfect, so we encourage you to spend some time clicking around to get comfortable with our new site structure. While exploring, we suggest editing the URLs for pages you might have previously saved as personal bookmarks or favorites in your web browser.
Feeling a little lost? Get a closer look at our transformation in the overview shared below. Thanks for visiting!
GETTING TO KNOW OUR NEW WEBSITE
What’s the same?
- WEB ADDRESS– https://www.rrb.gov
- RELEVANT CONTENT– existing publications, forms, reports, etc. all published to the new site; obsolete and irrelevant materials were not.
- FUNCTIONALITY– no changes were made to web-based applications (Benefit Online Services, ERSNet, send secure message, etc.)
- CLASSIC HOME PAGE FAVORITES – access to RRB field offices, Benefit Online Services, railroad jobs, recent updates, news releases, Spotlight, and search tool.
- SIMPLIFIED NAVIGATION – streamlined main menu includes dropdown subcategories.
- MOBILE DEVICE FLEXIBILITY – responsive layout enables display to automatically adjust for proper fit on smartphones and tablets.
- FIELD OFFICE LOCATOR – combines office index and zip locator into one channel, includes an interactive map showing where RRB field offices are located throughout the country.
- CAROUSEL DISPLAY – featured updates are showcased with rotating images on the home page.
- BENEFIT INFORMATION – our key benefit programs are highlighted in this box located in the center of the home page, offering a direct path to specific information on Retirement, Survivor, Disability, Unemployment, and Sickness benefits. Click on any of these benefit types to open the page where general information, forms, and additional resources related to that specific benefit program are organized. Benefit Online Services is also listed in this box.
- URLs FOR WEB BROWSER BOOKMARKS AND FAVORITES– most URLs have different web addresses due to our reorganization. Popular pages reroute automatically to the redesigned site; edit URLs for less common pages saved as personal bookmarks or favorites.
Featured at the top of the site – fundamental tools are emphasized with high level visibility:
- Red banner for critical alerts and outage notifications. (upper left)
- Search the site for content. (upper right)
- Login button directly opens Benefit Online Services. (upper right)
- RRB seal and agency name serve as home base throughout site.
Main Menu -- spanned across the top of every page, organized into seven categories, and equipped with dropdown subcategories for a simple path to relevant information.
- Our Agency – the organization.
-Office of the Chairman
-Office of the Labor Member
-Office of the Management Member
-Office of Inspector General
- Benefits – the programs we administer. (general information, forms, and supporting materials are all separated by benefit type.)
-Benefit Online Services
- Employers – services and information for rail employers and rail labor organizations.
-Publications – includes Employer Exchange, Program Letters, and supporting materials.
- Resources – extra accommodations provided for interested parties.
-Legal Information – includes partition of annuities/Attorney’s Guide.
-Pay Debts Online
-Office of Equal Opportunity
-RRBVision Video Library
-Railroad Retirement Handbook
-Glossary of RRB Terms
- Financial & Reporting – facts and figures of agency operations, benefit program data as related to rail industry, and funding details.
-Financial, Actuarial, and Statistical
-National Railroad Retirement Investment Trust (NRRIT)
- News Room – the voice of the agency.
- Field Office Locator – your connection to RRB field offices and customer service representatives.
Share feedback and report bugs -- You can report any bugs or technical problems you experience by submitting Website Feedback or by sending an email to our webmaster. If possible, we ask you to provide detailed feedback with a link to any problematic page to help us resolve the issue quickly. Please do not submit messages to the webmaster that contain sensitive information or questions about the benefit programs we administer. Likewise, the agency’s toll-free number connects callers to representatives in field offices throughout the country who are unable to answer technical inquiries regarding our website.