Website Policies and Important Links
If you are looking for Railroad Industry & Railroad Union web sites & other external links please go here.
Our website adheres to the following policies and practices required by laws and regulations:
- No Fear Act
- Information Quality Guidelines
- Information and Services Inventory for RRB Website
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- RRB E-mail Policy
We link to external websites in order to provide additional information that may be useful or interesting and is consistent with the intended purpose of the RRB Web site. Therefore, we link to websites of:
- U.S. government agencies,
- Railroads and related industries covered under the RRA and RUIA
- National rail associations, brotherhoods and unions
- 3rd party partners
- Genealogical sources of railroad information
- Corporate sites that provide software that will help you view our documents
- Sources to provide you with information we do not duplicate on our website
We notify you when you are leaving the RRB.gov domain for a non-government web domain, and disclaim responsibility for the content, accessibility, and privacy policies used by non-federal government websites.
As web pages are updated, links are checked for functionality. Periodic reviews are conducted on all external links.
Our goal is to provide meaningful information and service that is both accessible and usable to all RRB.gov visitors.
Digital Rights Policy
- In general, RRB.gov content (which includes text, documents, graphics and audio files) is not copyrighted or trademarked.
- You may use RRB.gov content for educational or informational purposes, if you acknowledge RRB.gov as its source.
- When RRB.gov content contains a Copyright or Trademark Notice, it is your responsibility to identify the copyright or trademark owner and to obtain permission before making use of this material.
- RRB.gov content may not be used to state or imply an endorsement by RRB or by any RRB employee of a commercial product, service or activity, or used in any other misleading manner.
Please contact us if you need further information or assistance.
Office of General Counsel
U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
844 N. Rush St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Security Protocols to Protect Information
This Web site is part of a Federal computer system used to accomplish Federal functions. Computer software programs as well as other surveillance methods are used to monitor network traffic on this Web site for security purposes. By accessing this Web site, you are expressly consenting to these monitoring activities.
Unauthorized attempts to defeat or circumvent security features; to use the system for other than intended purposes; to deny service to authorized users; to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information; or to otherwise to interfere with the system or its operation are strictly prohibited. Evidence of such acts may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and may result in criminal prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996, as codified at Section 1030 of Title 18 of the United States Code, or other applicable laws.