Office of the Labor Member
Informational Conference Program
and Sickness Benefits
|How Much Do
I Get? - Slide 3
Do I Get?
- Most claimants receive $66 per day
- Generally for 2-week period
- Unemployment benefits $660
- Sickness benefits resulting from on-the-job injury $660
- Other sickness benefits reduced to $609.51 for tier I tax for first 6 months
- Up to a total of $8,580 of normal benefits payable in benefit year but no
more than base-year earnings, counting earnings up to $1,718 per month in
calendar year 2011.
- First 6 months of sickness benefits not resulting from on-the-job injuries
credited as tier I compensation but not as service months.
- $660 biweekly sickness payment subject to tier I tax of 7.65%.
|Maximum net payment is $609.51|
- These payments are reported on the BA-6 form as miscellaneous
- Daily benefit rate increases to $68 in benefit year beginning July 2013.
- Current projections estimate daily benefit rate will increase in
increments to $95 by 2022.