How Do I
- Current benefit year began July 1, 2012
- Need earnings of $3,325 in calendar year 2011 to qualify
- Counting earnings of no more than $1,330 per month
- New employee needs 5 months' creditable service if base year (2011) is
first year as railroad employee
- For benefit year
beginning July 1, 2013, need earnings of $3,412.50 in 2012, counting no more than
$1,365 per month.
- If railroad employee's first year of railroad service was 2012, he/she is
not eligible for unemployment or sickness benefits until July 1, 2013. Must
have 5 months' creditable service in 2012.