Our Retirement Estimator generates employee and spouse annuity estimates based on the employee's railroad service and compensation, and any social security wages on file at the RRB. This tool is designed for employees who are not already receiving a railroad retirement annuity.
Your estimate will initially use the earliest dates you are entitled to a full age annuity or a reduced age annuity. You can customize your estimate to fit different situations by changing your retirement date and adding projected service, earnings, and social security wages. To calculate an estimate for your spouse, enter his or her date of birth where indicated.
This tool provides only basic estimates under current law without factoring in unknown variables (i.e. future earnings, cost-of-living adjustments). Your actual benefit amount may differ from an estimate for any or all of the following, if you:
- have military service not yet credited to your record
- continue to work for a non-railroad employer
- begin receiving a social security benefit
- receive a public, non-profit, or foreign pension (see Q&A)
- have other circumstances as defined by the Railroad Retirement Act
Contact an RRB field office toll-free +1 (877) 772-5772 for estimates that include situations like the above.