Thinking of retiring soon?
Designed for railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, the Pre-Retirement Seminars we offer familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. Sponsored by the Office of the Labor Member, seminars are held at a number of locations annually. Registration is required (see below).
Pre-Retirement Seminar booklet (2018)
Our field service representatives conduct each Pre-Retirement Seminar using a PowerPoint slide presentation covering the various benefits provided retired rail workers and their families. Attendees receive a program booklet of this presentation with detailed side notes and fact sheets. In addition to the program booklet, seminar attendees receive a retirement kit full of informational handouts and other helpful materials. Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available on our Educational Materials webpage.
-Schedule and Registration-
Registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
- Unless otherwise noted, Pre-Retirement Seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of 4 hours. (Doors open for attendees 30 minutes before the seminar start time.)
- Security screening required for seminars hosted inside any Federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by State/Federal Government); no weapons permitted.
- Parking fee for seminars marked with *.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a railroad retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
- Please let us know if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
Can't join us for a seminar, but still interested in learning about the railroad retirement program and application process? Please contact us via Field Office Locator or by calling toll-free (1-877-772-5772) for pre-retirement information or to schedule an appointment for individual retirement counseling at your local RRB field office.
Click on the link for your local seminar to register online.
September 21, 2018: Renton Technical College, 3000 NE 4th Street, Room H102-H103, Renton, Washington
October 5, 2018: Moorhead Federal Building, 1000 Liberty Avenue, Room 1310, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania*
October 19, 2018: Cabela's, 101 North Cabela Way, Post Falls, Idaho (10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
October 19, 2018: James Hill Theater, 180 East 5th Street, 1st Floor, St. Paul, Minnesota*
October 26, 2018: John Foster William Coast Guard Building (Federal), 408 Atlantic Avenue, Room 217, Boston, Massachusetts
October 26, 2018: Sheet Metal Workers #19 Union Hall, 1301 South Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
November 9, 2018: Fairfield Inn & Suites - Charlotte/Matthews, 8540 East Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina
November 16, 2018: Mickey Leland Federal Building, 1919 Smith Street, 1st Floor Conference Room, Houston, Texas*
To RSVP on paper instead, print a registration form to complete, then mail or fax to your local RRB field office. (Registration form)