The Director of Field Service, Daniel Fadden, is a member of the agency’s five member Executive Committee. Mr. Fadden has been with the agency since 1983 and serves dual roles as the Director of Field Service and as the Senior Executive Officer (SEO) for the Railroad Retirement Board.
The Bureau of Field Service is responsible for all aspects of customer relations on behalf of the agency, including:
- Oversight responsibility for 53 field offices nationwide
- National Toll Free System (NTFS)
- Benefit counseling, under the Railroad Retirement Act (RRA), for all railroad employees and dependents.
- Benefit counseling, under the Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA), for all railroad employees.
- Customer Outreach Program (CORP)
- Public Retirement Seminars
- RRB/SSA Coordination training
- Privacy Act Protection