The Director of Field Service position is currently vacant.
The Bureau of Field Service is responsible for all aspects of customer relations on behalf of the agency, including:
- Oversight responsibility for 53 field offices nationwide
- National Toll Free System (NTFS)
- Benefit counseling, under the Railroad Retirement Act (RRA), for all railroad employees and dependents.
- Benefit counseling, under the Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA), for all railroad employees.
- Customer Outreach Program (CORP)
- Public Retirement Seminars
- RRB/SSA Coordination training
- Privacy Act Protection