Railroad workers who received unemployment or sickness benefits in calendar year 2023 can now access their W-2 and/or 1099-G forms online through myRRB.
Form 1099-G reflects the total amount of unemployment benefits paid during the previous year, while Form W-2 shows the total amount of sickness* benefits paid. Both forms may include federal tax withholdings and are used for filing federal taxes.
*The benefits payable for the first 6 months after the month an employee last worked are subject to tier I railroad retirement payroll taxes unless benefits are being paid for an on-the-job injury. If you received benefits from an on-the-job-injury, you will not receive a W-2.
How to access your 1099-G or W-2 online:
- Sign in to myRRB with your login.gov email address and password.
- You must have or create a login.gov account to view your tax forms on myRRB.
- A Pin Password Account (PPW) is not compatible with this online service.
- Click on the button labeled ACCESS MY TAX Documents.
- Click the My 1099-G or My W-2 button under the View & Download column.
For additional information, review frequently asked questions about this online service
At this time, online tax forms are only available for unemployment and sickness claimants. No online tax forms are available for railroad retirement annuitants.