The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction in the financial management activities of the Railroad Retirement Board.
The CFO is responsible for a wide range of financial activities, including oversight of the Bureau of Fiscal Operations, which provides:
- service to railroads on tax and contribution reporting and to beneficiaries concerning debt collection
- payroll, accounting, budgetary and other financial services provided to employees and organizations within the agency
- budget development for the agency
- accounting for expenditures and trust fund balances
- debt recovery
- audits of railroad employers to determine compliance with various tax and reporting requirements