You can obtain detailed information about your unemployment benefit payments and claims at any time, by calling our national automated telephone service. Calling this number gives you access to:
- the amount and date of your latest benefit payment, and the claim period for which the payment was made;
- information about your last 5 benefit payments; and
- confirmation of whether we have received your application or latest claim.
We update payment information once each night; we update information about applications and claims, as we receive the forms.
You will need your social security number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to get information about your benefit payments and claims. Your PIN is printed on the back of each claim form we mail to you.
To access your benefit information by telephone:
- Call the Railroad Retirement Board at 877-772-5772.
- Press "1" to select our automated HelpLine services.
- Press "1" again to access the Unemployment Benefits Menu.
Note: People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our TTY number at 312-751-4701.
You can also access your benefit information online.
In order to do so, you must have or establish an online account. To learn more about establishing an account, visit Benefit Online Services. Once you have established an account, you can access your claim benefit information.
Each claim you received will have a record of your last 3 payments.
Please allow at least 15 days from the date you mail your claim to receive a payment.