A spouse annuity ends the month before the month in which:
- you die; or,
- the employee dies (a widow(er)'s annuity may become payable at this time); or,
- the employee's entitlement to an employee annuity terminates due to recovery from disability; or,
- your marriage to the employee ends by absolute divorce (a divorced spouse annuity may become payable at this time); or,
- your marriage to the employee is dissolved by annulment; or,
- the child qualifying you for an annuity is no longer in your care or attains age 18 or recovers from disability. Your spouse annuity will end unless you are old enough to receive a spouse annuity based on age.
If you would like more information concerning spouse annuities, please review Booklet RB-30, Spouse/Divorced Spouse Annuity before you come in to file for your annuity.