We recommend that you keep the RB-1 booklet, even after you file your annuity application. It contains important information concerning your entitlement to railroad retirement benefits.
You should also keep your:
- annuity award notice or denial notice;
- notes from the RRB representatives who helped you file your annuity application. The notes should detail any special aspects of your claim (such as why a certain employer was or was not your LPE);
- copy of the AA-1, Receipt For Your Claim;
- copy of your Federal Income Tax Form W-4P Withholding Election Form; and,
- booklet RB-9, "Employee and Spouse Annuities - Events That Must Be Reported" to help you comply with RRB's reporting requirements.