If, at any time after you have completed your application, you find that one of the conditions previously explained in this publication applies to you, immediately notify the RRB in writing. The notice should be sent to the RRB field office at the address shown on the receipt for your application. However, if you wish, you may also call or visit that office.
When you report an event, be sure to include the following in your letter:
- Your railroad retirement claim number, which is shown at the top of your application receipt, and;
- your name (or the employee's name if you are reporting an event for the employee), and;
- a clear explanation of what event you are reporting, and;
- the exact date (month, day, year) that the event occurred, and;
- your address and daytime telephone number.
If you are reporting work, it is important that you also furnish:
- the kind of work you are doing,
- the name and address of your employer,
- how much you expect to earn each month,
- the period of time you expect to work,
- how many hours per week you work, and
- any disability related work expenses.