You must report ANY new employment. It is important that your report includes:
- The kind of work you are doing;
- How much you expect to earn each month;
- The period of time you expect to be working;
- How many hours you expect to work; and,
- The amount of any disability-related work expenses.
Your work and earnings will be evaluated to see if you are able to perform regular work. ANY work after your annuity begins, regardless of your amount of earnings, may raise questions about medical recovery.
If you return to work, or your doctor tells you that you are able to work, notify your local RRB field office. We will ask for more information about your condition and possibly request new medical examinations. Failure to promptly contact the RRB about changes in your disability status could result in large annuity overpayments with penalties.