You can obtain detailed information about your sickness benefit payments and claims at any time, by calling our national automated telephone service. Calling this number gives you access to:
- the amount and date of your latest benefit payment, and the claim period for which the payment was made;
- information about your last 5 benefit payments; and
- confirmation of whether we have received your application.
We update payment information once each night; we update information about applications, claims and Supplemental Doctor's statements as we receive the forms.
You will need your social security number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to get information about your benefit payments and claims. Your PIN is printed on the back of each claim form we mail to you.
To access your benefit information by telephone:
- Call the Railroad Retirement Board at 877-772-5772.
- Press "1"to select our automated Help Line services.
- Press "1"again to access the Sickness Benefits Menu.
Note: People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our TTY number at 312-751-4701.
You can also access your benefit information online. In order to do so, you must have or establish an online account. Learn more here.
Each claim you receive will have a record of your last 3 payments.
Please allow at least 15 days from the date you mail your claim to receive a payment. That time is needed for delivery of your claim and payment, and to allow your employer to submit information about your claim.